Mission, Membership and Who We Are: Seven-Time Recipients of the Bascom Chapter Award
The WAA: Brown County Chapter supports and promotes the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Wisconsin Alumni Association in the Greater Green Bay area. We provide scholarship funds to local youth who will be attending the UW and we provide UW-Madison alumni, parents, students, and friends in our area with a connection to our Alma Mater and each other. We accomplish this through a variety of fun and educational activities in the famous Badger tradition.
About Us – Honored as Bascom Chapter and Outstanding Alumni Club
Every year since 2006, the year the award began, the WAA: Brown County Chapter has been named one of the few “Bascom Chapters” in the nation; the highest achievement possible for a local chapter based on an overall level of activity and other criteria.
The Chapter maintains a proud tradition of leadership, support, and advocacy for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Founded several decades ago, the chapter has advanced the university’s mission in a number of ways, including an active scholarship program, annual Founders’ Day banquets, Varsity Band concerts, and a variety of social and educational opportunities for area alumni, UW students, and Badger supporters.
In 2003, the Wisconsin Alumni Association named the UW Alumni Club of Brown County one of three Outstanding Alumni Club Awards, the highest honor given to WAA alumni chapters.
- Embrace your role as the face of UW-Madison and WAA
- Be accessible
- Be responsive
- Be hospitable
- Be a conduit for volunteering on behalf of UW-Madison
- Be a social and professional hub
- Encourage alumni to support the UW with their time, talent and treasure
- Spread the message of the UW to everyone in the community
- Participate in the UW Foundation’s annual campaign
- Capture and translate the alumni voice back to the UW and WAA