The WAA: Atlanta Chapter provides a means of meeting grads, family, and friends of the University of Wisconsin-Madison who live and work in the Atlanta area and the state of Georgia. There are over 1,500 alumni in and around Atlanta.
During football season, we meet every Saturday to watch the Badger football team in action. These meetings are at RiRa’s Irish pub in midtown. Viewings of other sports (basketball, hockey, etc.) are also held at RiRa.
Special events include an annual Student Send-Off in August, as well as the Founders’ Day dinner, usually held in early spring. Also, the Big Ten schools get together for a summer picnic, summer Pub Crawl, and fall Golf Outing.
Our mission is to:
- Embrace your role as the face of UW-Madison and WAA
- Be accessible
- Be responsive
- Be hospitable
- Be a conduit for volunteering on behalf of UW-Madison
- Be a social and professional hub
- Encourage alumni to support the UW with their time, talent and treasure
- Spread the message of the UW to everyone in the community
- Participate in the UW Foundation’s annual campaign
- Capture and translate the alumni voice back to the UW and WAA